November 2, 2007

Shock to the System

First day back at work today. Oyahyoy.

I guess it went better than might have been expected. There were no tears. And most everyone seemed happy to have me back. Now all I need is to get used to being back (It's a real mind shift after almost four months "off.") and to adjust to not having as much time with Lydia everyday.

As for you, you should get used to there being far less up-to-the-minute cameraphone photos of our girl on the blog and I guess, in general, far fewer posts from me.

Besides that I'm exhausted. It's hard getting up with a baby at 2 a.m. and 4:40 a.m. and then getting up to go to work 2 hours after that. Especially if you're me... someone who has a really hard time falling asleep as it is. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this morning but I'm paying for it now. (She says, as she's blogging at 12:06 a.m. I'm nothing if not dedicated to my craft.)

That said, I'm off to bed. More later...

No comments: