May 4, 2007

the final fabric

The final choices have been made. And I have to say I'm quite happy with them. Unfortunately Amy Butler's Lotus Wall Flower in Cherry bit the dust. I loved the combo but it was making finding complimentary fabrics impossible. Not that there aren't any out there. But every stripe I found and tried to buy just as quickly went out of stock. Sigh*


So on a trip to the local fabric store with my mom we ditched the cherry and went for a pumpkin color that I think both Dima and I like better. We then bought some coordinating fabrics that Mom will use in the quilt but the basics of the bumper and skirt will remain. Fabric 1 (from left to right) will be the skirt and fabrics 4 and 5 will be the bumper. We're leaving the quilt composition to mom. Very exciting!


No comments: